Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Introducing wedding books (Part 1 of 3)

When you invest in your wedding photographer, you're also investing in the future. So much goes into the wedding day, but so little actually physically stays with you after the fact. The cake is sliced up for guests, the tuxes are returned, and have you seen how fast they clear those reception tables, like whoa.

That's why you want your photographer to offer wedding books. I mean custom-designed, custom-tailored books that feature the most important pictures of your day. Digital files on your computer is one thing; an actual physical book telling your story is so much more.

The first of three books included in my collections is the Lustre Book, a genuine leather-bound book with heavy cardstock lustre-finish pages that lie flat. It's pretty amazing. Here's the 12x8" leather book for the client, with two duplicate 9x6" books for the parents::







This is one of a couple options for the cover design::


The photos are printed continuous across the spread. No gap that disrupts the photo:


This is actually the first time I saw my pictures printed on this new lustre stock, and I was pretty satisfied (think of it as halfway between matte and glossy).


Confession: I really didn't want to actually give it to Stephanie & Nick because I liked the book so much. They got married this past July in Bozeman, Montana and I love how we worked the big sky and trees into the design::


*I actually did end up delivering their books, but I got samples for myself to show future clients. Really happy with this first go.








I make the process of getting these books from computer screen to coffee table very very simple and easy for my clients. Trust me, a wedding book is totally worth the investment! Want to know details? Click below.


+ Contact Chris for wedding photography bookings and inquiries. 2011 is filling up, and 2012 is only a year away.
+ Check out future wedding images by Chris — subscribe to this blog via Google Reader by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment