Monday, January 10, 2011

Pictures 2010: Image of the Year

Going through my favorite pictures of 2010, I didn't really have a clear frontrunner that *defined* my growth as a photographer last year. Not like last year. Then it hit me:: "It's not about the best photo, silly."

So right. Instead, I picked a picture that I've gone back to again and again over the past few months, and every time I was like, "Wow, I love that look. I love the spontaneity of the moment. All of the elements harmonized."

I love the bride's gaze. Her eyes just stunned me, so I stepped aside and concentrated on her eyes while she waited for her soon-to-be-husband to join her on the bench outside of the church.

I like how this picture is decently exposed. I like the contrast of shadows and highlights. Her dress and her hair just rocked the whole wedding day. The placement of people in background could have been better, but it's not about that here. It's the feeling. Sometimes stepping out of your own expectations for a minute can be so rewarding.

(More pictures from this wedding here.)

I still have mucho mucho to learn with finding more of these moments during a supercharged, sometimes hectic, wedding day. But I'm learning more and more how to be both outside of the frenzy and within it. I'm excited to explore that bubble even more this year as a photographer. So here's to it!



Tech::
Canon 50D
Canon 85mm f/1.8
1/200sec, f/2.8
ISO 800




+ Contact Chris for wedding photography bookings and inquiries. 2011 is filling up, and 2012 is only a year away.
+ Check out future wedding images by Chris — subscribe to this blog via Google Reader by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful image chris! sorry we didn't get a chance to talk last night!!! hope to next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa hey Jenna! Thanks so much and yes, let's talk next meeting.

    ReplyDelete