Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Laura & Frank have the most amazing backyard (wedding)



Last Saturday, I helped out fellow photographer Nicole Roche with a very cool wedding in Conifer, CO. Conifer is nestled within the foothills and on your way to the Rocky Mountains, and what a view from their balcony! The entire wedding was held at Laura and Frank's house high up on the mountainside. Looking south you could spot Pikes Peak in the far distance. It's one of those backgrounds that make photographers go "oooh... ahhh!"


The wedding party was small and intimate. Just the immediate family and the very closest of friends. Frank pulled off the James Bond look perfectly!







And I usually don't say this about just anyone, but Laura not only had a really effusive smile, but a really contagious laugh that would make everyone else laugh.



Details all around (isn't that the sweetest wine bottle holder thingy?)


Beautiful home, Colorado-style::


Dinner was catered by Las Margaritas in Denver. They make the BEST ceviche in the city. Seriously? I wanted to take some home. But I was a guest so I took a picture instead. Look at this spread!


Brides, here's a cool idea:: they printed out photos of each guest and attached them to cards where the guests could write down their salutations.


The way this couple from San Diego interacted throughout the afternoon really caught my eye. You know what was also caught? The flower bouquet! She was right there ready to catch it, and the guy had the most surprising look on his face. We all heard wedding bells. No doubt.


The almost-kiss. Ever classic::


I love it when kids like to have their picture taken. The eyes have it!



I get goofy sometimes. I'm not sure if they were laughing with me or at me. Either way, it was fun!


Some of my favorite portraits of the happy guests::




This is Laura and Frank's backyard!


Thank you both for letting me document your day! And thanks to Nicole for dragging me along...

1 comment:

  1. Great work chris. Tell Nicole I said hello. Cheers, www.ahpphotos.com

    ReplyDelete