Sunday, August 24, 2008

DNC At My Doorstep!! Day 1



We've been waiting for the Democratic National Convention for a couple years now, and it is already leaving its mark on the city! Being only a 10-minute walk away from the Capitol Building has its rewards. It's far enough away that I wouldn't even notice the DNC at all, but close enough that I can stop by and soak in the politics!


And I walked right into an anti-war protest march that commanded the attention of the entire 16th St. Mall.


Going back to my Magnum roots::




That giant 131-foot blade above him is part of wind turbine manufactured in Colorado by Vestas. Signs of things to come!


I've never seen so many police on one street. Police on horses, police hanging onto vans with full riot gear, I think I saw Robocop too. Amazing scene. Everyone had a camera, and everyone was taking pictures of everyone else who had cameras! This is our Olympics! Bye bye Beijing! All the eyes of America are upon us.

More images from the DNC coming later this week. I'm excited for Thursday, as I'm one of the 75,000 lucky ticket-holders to Barack Obama's Acceptance Speech at Invesco Field! Historic night.

No comments:

Post a Comment