Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Stephanie & Nick's book design

The whole concept of wedding albums was a total mystery to me for the first year of my business. Like a black monolith of labyrinthine confusion (which company? who designs? how much awesomeness per page???). But now, I have seen the light. Wedding albums (or as I'll call them, wedding books) are amazing vehicles to propel not only my business, but also my vision as a storyteller through images.

Thumbing through 60 pages of my pictures has changed the way I photograph the wedding day. No image stands alone. Now, each image is part of a series, a string of events that tells my client's story. The whole is more than the sum of its parts.

I could design these books myself, but I just take the pictures, and I want to concentrate on this joyous part of my career. I'm so happy I have Beth Fries of Album Chic to design my wedding books. She's a stellar designer of these books and now books are very much part of my business. Best part, she's local! (Always Buy Colorado.) Thank you Beth!

Here's the first book out, from Stephanie & Nick's wedding this summer in Montana. Enjoy.



+ Contact Chris for wedding photography bookings and inquiries. 2011 is filling up, and prices go up on New Years Day.
+ Check out future wedding images by Chris — subscribe to this blog via Google Reader by clicking here.
+ Check out the portfolio back at my wedding site. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment