Monday, February 2, 2009

867-530niieeeyine


Now if you're an 80s kid like me (and I know you are), then one of your first memories of popular culture was probably MTV. And you probably sang along to the Tommy Tutone song "Jenny", with its immemorable 867-5309 phone number.

Well, turns out that it's on Ebay. The phone number is being sold! I guess most area codes are out of service, but the owner of (201) number is letting go of his 867-5309. Last time I checked it was fetching $150,000 on Ebay. And that's just within the first day of a 7-day auction.

This hits home because I actually used this number in one of my college short stories as a joke. The main character calls his love interest, Jenny::


Good luck getting that song out of your head. I can't.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment