Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dow-n Jones and My Predictions for Election Day

Yeah, they might as well as add an 'n' to the Dow.

Down, Jones. Down!

It's down 40% from this time last year. NASDAQ down 38%. S&P 500 down 41%. My 401(k) is now a 201(k). No worries, though. I didn't have that much in there to begin with, ha. Good strategy after all, Chris!

Ironically, so many of these stocks look really enticing right now. Still too risky to buy anything, though. But after the New Year (read: after the election), I'm going shopping for some discounted growth-stock mutual funds.

Speaking of the election, I'm going to call it. It's time. Here's how Barack will win the smattering of lean- and swing-states. My home-brewed electoral map, courtesy of MSNBC:



Obama-Biden will take all the swing states, except Missouri and North Carolina. Results will be close in Ohio, and even closer in Colorado. I think CO will go blue with less than a 50,000-vote margin.

The only way McCain-Palin have a shadow of a chance of turning around Obama's 11-point lead in the national polls is:

a) if there's a SERIOUS geopolitical event within the next three weeks (i.e., terrorist attack on the US or Western ally, or Israel attacks Iranian interests, etc.), or

b) Osama Bin Laden walks over to McCain's Sedona ranch and surrenders, or

c) McCain manages to come up with an actually clear, consistent and focused campaign strategy that's agreed upon by the following parties: John McCain, Cindy McCain, Sarah Palin, their campaign strategists, their economic advisers, and their surrogates. So far he's confusing the heck out of his base.

I'm going to be an election judge on Nov. 4th, and I'm wearing a purple tie and purple Converses in celebration of Colorado becoming a purple state. Awww. I promise I'll take pictures. Should be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. You only think Obama is going to win Colorado because I'm about to mail in my ballot this morning, right? How have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL to Osama turning himself in at the ranch!! I almost choked on my hot apple cider!

    M:)

    ReplyDelete