Friday, October 15, 2010

Denver Marathon, meet Chris the wedding photographer



This summer I ran 400 miles (or, from Denver to Santa Fe on I-25) to attempt to finish a 26.2-mile race in one go. It happens this weekend!

I don't know why I keep running. Maybe it's because I'm too much of a sissy for any major contact sport out there. Maybe it's because I'm part Mexican-Indian, maybe it's simply because I'm human and I enjoy getting back to my roots.

Who knows.

What I do know, is that it's possible.

I'll be so glad to cross "Run a marathon" off my bucket list for this year. I'm looking forward to getting my social life back (it takes a long time to run these miles, people!). I'll be glad to have something other than RUNNING dictating my schedule. I'll be glad to fully concentrate on my business. And to be able to just enjoy the holidays.

Major props to Hal Higdon and his novice training schedule for marathons. It works perfectly for someone who's never ran more than a half-marathon. Go get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment