Monday, March 23, 2009

The best $20 I ever spent, last week (workflow)



Sometimes a text file on my Mac doesn't cut it. So I went old-school last week and bought a big dry-erase board and started my new method of keeping things organized! 

It's awesome. Things to buy are on the left, things to do in the middle, and Ideas that come to me at completely random times are on the right.

Whenever I need to remind myself what I need to do with photography or just everyday priorities, I don't need to rack my brain or search for it on the Mac; I just look at the big white board! The catch is to *immediately* capture the idea by writing it down; then erasing when I've completed the task or purchased the item. Who knew.

And those double-color eraser-tipped markers are magnetic! I bought it at Target. This is one of two boards that will be on either side of my new desktop (arriving shortly!), and both will do wonders in keeping my photography workflow in ship-shape shape. Thanks, GTD! Details on the other board coming soon...

1 comment:

  1. I wonder of this organizational need results from you seeing an ongoing To Do list on the countertop as you were growing up!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete