Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Autumn in Colorado - A Preview



Peak color in Colorado is actually a full week later than usual, so when I got up to Routt National Forest near Steamboat Springs last weekend, I was wishing for more yellows and rusty reds. But hey, green works too. (The pano above will be a gallery wrap above my mother's fireplace. One season down, three to go.)



Some guy's private property (oops)::


I explored this area of Colorado on the suggestion of legendary nature photographer John Fielder. Dunkley Pass certainly has valleysides blanketed in aspen! Definitely rivals that of Kebler Pass near Crested Butte, which is THE autumn drive in this state.



And look at this! I didn't know rock stacks existed in CO, but apparently they do. This appeared out of nowhere on Highway 131, northbound towards Steamboat Springs. Say hello to Finger Rock::


I'll be in Breckenridge and environs this weekend to take advantage of the (hopefully) peak color of golden aspen forest around Boreas Pass, and wherever the magic hour finds me. I think it's safe to say I'm definitely getting married in the month of Baracktober. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment